Sunday 15th September 2019
1:30 – 5pm ADMISSION FREE
Games, Stalls, Prizes, Food, Gardening Advice and Dog Show
In The Crypt and outside of St. Peter’s Church, London N1 4DA (corner of Northchurch Terrace and De Beauvoir Road)
- Dog Show (3.30pm)
- Competitions (adults and children) for flowers, fruit & vegetables, baking, jams & crafts
- Stalls: Plants & Gardening Advice, Tombola, Raffle, WI cakes and jams, Pre-loved House & Garden, Wildlife/environment and sustainability information, Dog portraits, local honey, Zaytoun, Healthy Back Bag.
- Children’s Games and Activities
- Teas & Cakes
Entry is free. All categories are open to any individual over 16 or group to enter. Children under 16 can enter the Kid’s competition which will be judged as under 12s and 12–16yrs. See rules below for more info.
Containers will be provided for display.
1. Dahlias (3 stems)
2. Perennials (3 varieties)
3. A favourite pot plant
4. A bee-friendly flower arrangement
5. A flower arrangement including seed heads.
6. A herbal posy
HOME-GROWN VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Plates will be provided for display
7. Root veg including potatoes (5 examples)
8. Unusual or exotic vegetable
9. Courgette, squash or cucumber (2 examples)
10. Tomatoes with calyx (5 examples)
11. The biggest marrow
12. Beans (5 examples)
13. Hard fruit e.g. apple, pear (3 examples)
14. Soft fruit (5 examples)
De Beauvoir bake-off
15. A showstopper cake
16. A chocolate cake
17. A plant based bake (vegan)
18. Gluten free bake: a cake, 4 small cakes or 4 biscuits
19. A cake or 4 cupcakes with a home grown ingredient or decoration
20. A loaf of sourdough bread
21. A flatbread
Preserves (made within the last year)
22. Jar of jam
23. Jar of jelly
24. Jar of marmalade
25. Jar of chutney or pickle
ARTS & CRAFTS
26. Creepy crawlies (stitched, knitted or crocheted)
27. Birds (drawing, painting or photo)
28. Collage or greetings card using dried flowers
29. A bee-friendly flower arrangement
30. A vegetable you’ve grown
31. A fruit you’ve grown
32. Your favourite bake
33. A wildlife collage made with items from the recycling bin
34. Jewellery from recycled items or items found in nature
35. Halloween eco-warrior mask made from recycled items
FUN DOG SHOW
Judged by Richard Arnold from Good Morning Britain.
Entry £2 per dog (every dog gets a prize) Register between 2–3pm (limited to 50 entries so register early)
All dogs are entered into either:
Prettiest Pooch (girls) or Handsomest Hound (boys)
In addition choose one other category (max 6 dogs in any category):
• Waggiest tail
• Best rescue story
• Puppy love (under 1 year)
• Golden oldie (over 8 years)
• Best trick (roll over, ball catching etc)
• Eco-warrior Fancy Dress
• Dog most like its owner
• Scruffiest mutt
• Big and beautiful
• Small and sassy
The dog show doggie bags are kindly sponsored by Lily’s Kitchen and Burns Nutrition.
The Rose Bowl will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in the two Home-Grown classes, (flowers, vegetables and fruit).
The Silver Tankard will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in Domestic Delights (includes baking and preserves).
The RHS Grenfell Medal will be given to the person with the highest points in flower arranging (categories 4, 5 and 6).
The Silver Cup will be given to the Best Exhibit in the Show.
The Group Prize will be awarded for the gardening group and the domestic delights group with the most winning entries.
Rosettes will be awarded to the winning children in the Kids’ competition.
Rosettes will be given to the winners in each category of the Dog Show.
RULES & INFORMATION
1. Entries should be brought to the crypt of St Peter’s church (on De Beauvoir Road) on the day of the show between 9:30 and 11:30am. No entries will be accepted after 11:30am.
2. An individual may enter as many categories as they like but can enter a maximum of five entries in any one category.
3. Children may enter any class in the Kids’ competition. Children (under 12) and Young People (12–16) will be judged separately.
4. Entries should have been grown, raised or made by the person entering.
5. Entries submitted from a group must have been grown, raised or made by the group working together. Prizes will be awarded to the group winning the most entries in the Domestic Delights and Home-Grown sections.
6. Entries must be clearly labelled on the slips provided, with the name of the exhibitor, contact details, age (if 16 or under), the category name and number.
7. All entries are left at the owner’s risk.
8. Flower and produce entries will be open for viewing from 1:30–3:00pm. If you wish to keep your entry, please state this on the entry slip and collect your entry by 3pm at the latest. If not collected it will be sold.
9. Registration for the Dog Show will be from 2:00–3:00pm on the day. It will be limited to 50 entrants on a first come, first served basis.
10. Dogs and their handlers should gather for the Dog Show at 3:30pm on the square.
11. In all circumstances the judges’ decisions are final.