Sunday 16th September 2018
1:30 – 5pm
Games, Stalls, Prizes, Food, Gardening Advice and Dog Show
In The Crypt and outside of St. Peter’s Church, London N1 4DA (corner of Northchurch Terrace and De Beauvoir Road)
- Dog Show (3.30pm)
- Competitions for flowers, fruit & vegetables, baking, jams & crafts
- Domestic Delights Stall
- Book & DVD Stall
- Children’s Games and Face-painting
- Plant Stall & Gardening Advice
- Raffle (4.30pm)
- Teas & Cakes
Information on year’s show categories and how to enter are listed below (please note new entry times). You can also download the Show Leaflet here.
Containers will be provided for display
1. Dahlias (3 stems)
2. Autumn flower arrangement (at least 3 different varieties)
3. Roses (3 stems)
4. Perennials (5 stems)
5. A Harvest display
HOME-GROWN VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Plates will be provided for display
6. Potatoes or other root veg (5 examples)
7. Unusual or exotic vegetable
8. Courgette, squash or cucumber (2 examples)
9. Tomatoes with calyx (5 examples)
10. The biggest marrow
11. Beans (5 examples)
12. Bunch of mixed herbs
13. Hard fruit e.g. apple, pear (3 examples)
14. Soft fruit (5 examples)
15. A showstopper cake
16. A chocolate cake
17. Home-made sweets or confectionary (6 examples)
18. Decorated biscuits (6 examples)
19. A loaf of bread
20. A cake or 4 cupcakes containing something (fruit, veg or flowers) grown by you or a friend/neighbour
21. A Victoria sponge
Made within the last year
22. Pot of jam
23. Pot of jelly
24. Pot of marmalade
YOUNG GARDENERS (under 12s)
Please write age on entry
26. A bird-feeder you’ve made yourself
27. Something you’ve grown
28. Nature photograph from de Beauvoir
ARTS & CRAFTS
29. Flora or fauna (stitched, knitted or crocheted)
30. Flora or fauna (drawing, painting or photo)
31. Drawing, painting or photo illustrating climate change
32. A greeting card in any medium
DOG SHOW – 3.30pm (register from 2-3pm)
The famous De Beauvoir Dog Show is not to be taken too seriously! Dog show entry is £2 per dog and each dog is entered for one category plus best boy or best girl. ALL DOGS RECEIVE A PRIZE. Maximum 50 dogs, please register early to avoid disappointment. 2018 Categories are:
Old Timer (over 10 years)
Puppy Love (under 1 year old)
Best Kept Coat
Best Trick (ball catching, roll-over etc.)
Made in Britain (eg. Jack Russell, King Charles Spaniel, British Bulldog, Lakeland Terrier, Scottie, Westie etc..)
Best Cross Breed
Fancy Dress on a garden theme (dog, owner or both)
All enter for either:
Show Rules & Information
1. Entries should be brought to the crypt of St Peter’s church (on De Beauvoir Road) on the day of the show between 9:30 and 11:30am.
No entries will be accepted after 11:30am. NOTE NEW TIMES.
2. Any individual may enter as many categories as they like but may put a maximum of five entries in any one category.
3. Children may enter any class in addition to those in the Young Gardener section. Children (under 12) and Young People (12–16) will be judged separately and will be awarded prizes
4. Entries should have been grown, raised or made by the person entering, apart from the flower arrangement material.
5. Entries submitted from a group must have been grown, raised or made by the group working together. Prizes will be awarded to the group winning the most entries in the Domestic Delights and Home-grown sections.
6. Entries must be clearly labelled on the slips provided, with the name of the exhibitor, contact details, age (if 16 or under) and the category name and number.
7. All entries are left at the owner’s risk.
8. Flower and produce entries will be open for viewing from 2:00–3:30pm. If you wish to keep your entry, please state this on the entry slip and collect your entry by 3pm at the latest. If not collected it will be sold.
9. Registration for the Dog Show will be from 2:00–3:00pm on the day for the Show. It will be limited to 50 entrants on a first come, first served basis.
10. Dogs and their minders should gather for the Dog show at 3:30 pm at a location which will be signposted.
11. In all circumstances the judges’ decisions are final.Prizes
The Rose Bowl will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in the first two classes, i.e. flowers and home-grown vegetables and fruit. The Silver Tankard will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in Domestic Delights. The Silver Cup will be given to the Best Exhibit in Show. The Group Prize will be awarded for the gardening group and the domestic delights group with the most winning entries. Small prizes will be awarded to winning children in ALL categories. Ribbons or certificates will be awarded to winning children in ALL categories at 4:30pm after the Dog Show. Prizes will be given to the winners in each category of the Dog Show. RAFFLE
Proceeds of the raffle are donated to local charities and organisations to promote growing and outdoor spaces in the community and beyond. These have included: