Sunday 17th September 2017, 2:00 – 5:30pm
Games, Stalls, Prizes, Food, Gardening Advice and Dog Show!
In The Crypt and outside of St. Peter’s Church, London N1 4DA
(corner of Northchurch Terrace and De Beauvoir Road)
- Dog Show
- Competitions for flowers, fruit & vegetables, baking, jams & crafts
- Domestic Delights Stall
- Book & DVD Stall
- Children’s Games and Face-painting
- Plant Stall & Gardening Advice
- Teas & Cakes
FLOWERS & INDOOR PLANTS
Containers will be provided for display
1. Wild flower arrangement (at least 3 different varieties)
2. Dahlias (3 stems)
3. Bee-friendly flowers (3 stems,each a different variety)
4. Roses (3 stems)
5. Cactus or succulents (in pots)
HOME-GROWN VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Plates will be provided for display
6. Potatoes or other root veg (5 examples)
7. Unusual or exotic vegetable
8. Courgette, squash or cucumber (2 examples)
9. Tomatoes with calyx (5 examples)
10. The biggest marrow
11. Onions, shallots or leeks (3 examples)
12. Beans (5 examples)
13. Bunch of mixed herbs
14. Hard fruit e.g. apple, pear (3 examples)
15. Soft fruit (5 examples)
16. A showstopper cake
17. A chocolate cake
18. Cupcakes (3 examples)
19. Shortbread (5 examples)
20. A loaf of yeasted bread
21. A loaf of sourdough bread
Made within the last year
22. Pot of jam or jelly
23. Pot of marmalade
24. Chutneys, pickles and other preserves
YOUNG GARDENERS (under 12s)
Please write age on entry
25. A collage/picture made from flowers, seeds, feathers and other things you found outside
26. Vegetable carving of an animal or flowers
26. Something grown from a seed
ARTS & CRAFTS
Drawings, paintings, photographs or stitched, knitted or crocheted crafts
28. Flora or fauna, any medium
29. Something to make you smile, laugh or cry, any medium
30. A greeting card, any medium
The famous De Beauvoir Dog Show is not to be taken too seriously! Dog show entry is £2 per dog and each dog is entered for one category plus best boy or best girl. ALL DOGS RECEIVE A PRIZE. Maximum 50 dogs. 2017 Categories are:
Old Timer (over 10 years)
Puppy Love (under 1 year old)
Best Kept Coat
Best Trick (ball catching, roll-over etc.)
Made in Britain (eg. Jack Russell, King Charles Spaniel, British Bulldog, Lakeland Terrier, Scottie, Westie etc..)
Best Cross Breed
Fancy Dress on a garden theme (dog, owner or both)
All enter for either:
1. Any individual may put a maximum of five entries in any one class. There is no restriction on the number the number of categories entered.
2. Entries should have been grown, raised or made by the exhibitor, apart from the flower arrangement material.
3. Entries submitted from a group may win individual categories but will not be eligible to win the cups. Separate prizes will be awarded to the group winning the most entries in the Domestic Delights and in the Home-grown sections.
4. Entries should be brought to the crypt of St Peter’s church (on De Beauvoir Road) between 10am and 12 noon. No entries will be accepted after 12 noon.
5. Entries must be clearly labelled on the slips provided, with the name of the exhibitor, contact details, age (if 16 or under) and the category name and number.
6. All entries are left at the owner’s risk.
7. Flower and produce entries will be sold after the Prize Giving at 3:30 pm. If you wish to keep your entry, please state this on the entry slip and collect your entry before 3:30 pm.
8. Children may enter any category in addition to those in the Young Gardener section. Children (under 12) and Young People (12–16) will be judged separately and will be awarded prizes.
9. Dogs and their minders should gather for the Dog show at 4pm at a location which will be signposted.
10. In all circumstances the judges’ decisions are final.Prizes
The Rose Bowl will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in the first two classes, i.e. flowers and home-grown vegetables and fruit. The Silver Tankard will be awarded to the person with the highest number of points in Domestic Delights. The Silver Cup will be given to the Best Exhibit in Show. The Group Prize will be awarded for the gardening group with the most winning entries. Small prizes will be awarded to winning children in ALL categories in the Young Gardeners category. Separate prizes will be given to the winners of the Photography, drawing and painting category and Best Boy and Girl in the Dog Show. RAFFLE
During 2016 the Club have donated over £1800 from the proceeds of the Show and other fund-raising to promote growing and outdoor spaces in the community and beyond. This included donations
- St Mary’s Secret Garden – therapeutic and community garden
- St Joseph’s Hospice Garden
- Dalston Eastern Curve Garden –community garden
- Local initiatives to beautify areas in public view through planting – see Planting of the Month
Rosemary Branch Theatre
Groom Dog City