Dear Gardeners – it’s our picnic at St. Mary’s Secret Garden next Tuesday and the weather forecast is good so we hope to see lots of you there. It’s a month earlier than usual so we can enjoy longer daylight hours in the glorious garden. Please bring a dish to share, there will be wine and plants will be available to buy.
We are already gearing up the the Flower and Produce show in September and we want to remind you to start putting aside things for the Tombola and Pre-loved House and Garden stall. From mid July there will be a box outside Nancy K’s house at 21 Northchurch Terrace to leave small items.
The Flower and Produce show is our main fundraising activity of the year. This is how we pay for the hire of the crypt for our meetings, the cost of speakers, refreshments and wine. EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE – be it time, baking, tombola prizes and help on the day.
For the Tombola we need:
- Bottles of wine
- Boxes of sweets
- Unopened or unwanted gifts such as gloves, scarves, cosmetics, toiletries, purses, wallets
- Good condition card or board games
- Fancy jars of preserves or sauces
- Costume jewellery
For Pre-loved House & Garden we need:
- Garden pots, planters and ornaments
- Decorative vintage items for the home such as embroidered tablecloths, cushions and linens, cutlery and crockery
- Vintage kitchenware, glassware, vases, lighting and mirrors
- Garden tools
We don’t need any more books or DVDs or anything that is broken or difficult to dispose of. Please send us a picture if you are in doubt. Ideally bring items to St. Peters on the morning of the show as storage is an issue.
And last of all please remember, as you are clearing up the rampant growth in your garden or sowing seeds for winter planting, to pot up for the plant stall.